Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thorsten Möller <Th...@unibas.ch> on 2007/12/10 14:54:33 UTC

Profile actiovation based on JDK

Hi,

my question is regarding activation of profiles based on the <jdk> tag.
Assume that a POM  specifies two profiles, one that should trigger for JDK
1.5.x and one for JDK 1.6.x. The POM would look like this:
<profile>
    <activation>
        <jdk>1.5</jdk>
    </activation>
</profile>

<profile>
    <activation>
        <jdk>1.6</jdk>
    </activation>
</profile>

Based on the documentation that is available from the Maven Web site it is
unclear to me what the exact semantic of the <jdk> tag is: will it be
activated for i) all major Versions greather or equal than the one specified
including sub versions or ii) only for the exact major version and all
subversions. In other words, will a <jdk>1.5</jdk> trigger only for 1.5.y
versions or also for 1.6.x, 1.7.x, ...? Provided that the latter one holds
my question then would be "how can I create two profiles -- one for 1.5.x
and one for 1.6.x -- and make sure that always only one gets activated
exclusively"?

Thanks for yor help,

Thorsten