Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sandeep N <sn...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/11 23:33:06 UTC

Tomcat index page

Hi,

When I access a site https://www.xyz.com, it takes me to https://www.xyz.com:80/index.jsp whereas when I provide https://www.xyz.com/index.jsp it takes me to the expected location. Where is this 80 getting added from? Https, by default, should take me to port 443 and not 80. We have a firewall configuration which will automatically forwards the request from 443 to 8443.

Any ideas?

Sandeep.

---------------------------------
How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! MessengerÂ’s low  PC-to-Phone call rates.

Re: Tomcat index page

Posted by ma...@aim.com.
Change your config file to adjust the ports.
Edit <Tomcat-Home>/conf/server.xml file and change the Http, Https ports accordingly.

--
Manivannan Palanichamy
http://geocities.com/manivannan57

Re: Tomcat index page

Posted by Not Zippy <no...@gmail.com>.
You need to configure your proxy name / proxy port in your connector
(in the server.xml).. Tomcat makes the assumption based on your
settings in the server.xml