Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by ESSOUSSI Mohamed Habib <Mo...@telecom-sudparis.eu> on 2012/01/11 11:50:27 UTC

Unable to send a list from Python to Java under SOAP with SCA

Good day,

I am taking part on a project using SCA Architecture and Apache Tuscany
(version 1.6.2).
The application includes 2 distributed components (in 2 different
composites): The first one is implemented with Python language and the
second with Java.
We noticed that we are unable to send a list of type String elements
from the first component which is written in Python to the second
component written in Java (ArrayList<String>) under SOAP protocol
(binding.ws).
We recieve, instead, an inoperable complex type (like a tree) from which
we could extract only the list's last element.
We would like to know if there is a way to send properly a list from a
component written in python to be used as ArrayList<...> in a component
written in Java?

Thanks in advance,

Yours,

--
	*ESSOUSSI Mohamed Habib *
TELECOM SudParis

Re: Unable to send a list from Python to Java under SOAP with SCA

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
ESSOUSSI Mohamed Habib wrote:
>   Good day,
>
> I am taking part on a project using SCA Architecture and Apache Tuscany
> (version 1.6.2).
> The application includes 2 distributed components (in 2 different
> composites): The first one is implemented with Python language and the
> second with Java.
> We noticed that we are unable to send a list of type String elements
> from the first component which is written in Python to the second
> component written in Java (ArrayList<String>) under SOAP protocol
> (binding.ws).
> We recieve, instead, an inoperable complex type (like a tree) from which
> we could extract only the list's last element.
> We would like to know if there is a way to send properly a list from a
> component written in python to be used as ArrayList<...> in a component
> written in Java?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Yours,
>
> --
> 	*ESSOUSSI Mohamed Habib *
> TELECOM SudParis

Hi Mohamed,
I'm not familiar with Python so I can't give you a specific answer.
However, the general principle in SCA and Tuscany for sending any kind
of data from one language to another is to create a WSDL document with
a portType that defines a service interface using XML schema types.
You then need to generate language bindings from this WSDL document for
both the sending and receiving languages.  Have you done this?

   Simon