Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Soheila Dehghanzadeh <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/02 11:36:27 UTC

hadoop jar error

Hi All,
I'm trying to run my jar file which is assembled by maven. This way, when
i'm using this command
 hadoop/bin/hadoop jar /user/soheila/mymvnproj/target/assembly.jar
i got the following error
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
/user/soheila/mymvnproj/target/assembly.jar
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)
I tried assembling and packaging my jar again but the error persists.
Any comment is greatly appreciated :)

-Peace.
-Soheila D.

Re: hadoop jar error

Posted by Soheila Dehghanzadeh <sa...@gmail.com>.
already sorted !
I needed to keep the source jar in the local fs and only transfer input
data into the hdfs. the error arises because it was looking for the jar
file on the local file system :)

Re: hadoop jar error

Posted by Soheila Dehghanzadeh <sa...@gmail.com>.