Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2023/04/18 07:48:07 UTC

Adding reviewers with Github actions

Hi all,

Unfortunately I forgot to add myself as a reviewer *again *on a PR when
merging. Shame on me.
However I was thinking about looking into Github actions whether we can
automate this process or at least prevent PRs from merging that don't have
"reviewers" in the description.

Has anyone ever looked at it, is it worth chasing this or does anyone know
anything that'd prevent us from using it?

Viktor

Re: Adding reviewers with Github actions

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Hey all,

So finally I had some time for some lower prio stuff since everyone is
still on holiday. I've implemented this Github action check in a PR:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/15115
It uses the Github API to fetch the name and email of the user based on the
username who submitted the review.
If this is still something that the community wants then please let me know
with a review :).
I've tested this on my own fork here:
https://github.com/viktorsomogyi/kafka/pull/4.
I think you can also try this by raising a PR against the trunk of my fork
(although I don't know if I need to add you as a collaborator but if so,
then I'll happily do it for this test).

Thanks,
Viktor

Posted by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.