Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> on 2012/10/04 14:36:22 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #177: Move 'comment:1' and 'reply to' indicators under the time in ticket view

Hi,

I think I am about to complete the work specified by this ticket
(https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/177) based on the work that
Olemis has done. Essentially this is just to move the comment, follow up
and reply to information so that it makes use of more of the whitespace
we have introduced to the left of the comment text.

The widths of the column and aspects of time display will be considered
in other tickets.

There is also an interesting question of where the user name and the
edit and reply buttons should go but those decisions can be implemented
outside this ticket.

Incidentally, hiding the buttons by default when the pointer is not over
the ticket row is going to be dealt with in
https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/182 which looks pretty good
- I just need to find a way to test whether this works in touchscreen
situations (or examine the code to get an idea).

Cheers,
     Gary

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 10/4/12, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> Hi,

:)

> Incidentally, hiding the buttons by default when the pointer is not over
> the ticket row is going to be dealt with in
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/182 which looks pretty good
> - I just need to find a way to test whether this works in touchscreen
> situations (or examine the code to get an idea).

Better try it in wide touch screens because hide/show functionality is
activated for desktops ... and the decision of whether target device
is a desktop or not is based on screen size (resolution ?) rather than
aspects like screen capabilities (e.g. touch screens) . I've seen
those out there , but have nothing at hand for testing purpose

:'O

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/