Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by H....@MI.unimaas.nl on 2004/06/21 20:30:54 UTC

REPOST: problem in introspection part of JXTemplate, please HELP!

Hi,

I hope someone can help out, because I'm stuck and I need this code to be
working before I can continue.

Problem:

I have two classes (simple class, not Avalong components), each with a
method
public String getFormattedValue(), say GoodClass and FaultyClass.

In my JXTemplate I have:

When I call the template with obj of GoodClass, the
GoodClass.getFormattedValue() is called and gives the proper return value.

When I call the template with obj of FaultyClass, nothing is called, so a
null is returned.

When I change the template into <p>${obj}</p> I get a correct object address
for both classes.

When I add the following lines to the flowscript that calls this template I
also get the correct results:

var obj = new FaultyClass();
print(obj); <-- same address as in <p>${obj}</p>
print("obj.getFormattedValue: " + obj.getFormattedValue());

In a debugsession I noticed that the Introspector classes didn't find the
method for the FaultyClass.

Can somebody tell me what could be the cause?

Bye, Helma