Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Michael Nelson <mi...@iapetus.com> on 2001/01/05 04:14:18 UTC

Problems with Embperl+mod_perl

Using FreeBSD 4.1, Apache 1.3.14, mod_ssl 0.9.6, mod_perl 1.24, Perl
5.00503 and Embperl 1.3.0.

When trying to use Embperl, I keep getting an error in error_log that the
loader can't resolve ap_palloc. I ran nm on httpd and it is definitely
being exported. I haven't had problems making this combo work on Linux and
am wondering if anyone has some clues, because I'm run out of things to
try.

Everything other than the base install has been done by hand, so there
shouldn't be any conflicts.

-mike

Re: Problems with Embperl+mod_perl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> I made it work finally. I had to add -export-dynamic to the linker flags
> for httpd so that its symbols are visible.

Great to know. This goes imediately to the FAQ!

> Now I am puzzled as to how it
> works for anyone else.

Most Unix linkers have this flag on by default, so it works, but some of
them need to be told to do so.

Thanks for the feedback

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151

Posted by Michael Nelson <mi...@iapetus.com>.
I made it work finally. I had to add -export-dynamic to the linker flags
for httpd so that its symbols are visible. Now I am puzzled as to how it
works for anyone else.

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.