Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by "Irving, Dave" <da...@logicacmg.com> on 2006/07/21 19:56:22 UTC

Some good news for MINA and asyncweb

Hi,

Jean-Francois has been working on integrating asyncweb in to the
Glassfish app server.
This seems to have gone pretty well - and there's a write up here
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/jfarcand/ which you may be interested in
reading. There's some good compliments for MINA contained with!

Dave

Re: Some good news for MINA and asyncweb

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Jul 21, 2006, at 5:19 PM, Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
> From what I've seen in MINA, Grizzly and its
> extensions (Comet request support, Asynchronous Request Processing,
> Resource Consumption Management) could be ported with some minor
> addition to MINA (ex: a pool of temporary Selector). But I need to
> do my
> homework of better understanding MINA before :-)....and find the
> time to do it :-)

That would be a great experiment, and I'd be happy to help (on both
understanding and code fronts)

-pete

Re: Some good news for MINA and asyncweb

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.

Irving, Dave wrote:
> peter royal wrote:
>
>> neat! but looks like he ripped MINA out from under AsyncWeb
>> to use grizzly? :)
>
> For now yes... He implemented a set of adapter classes to allow asyncWeb
> to be powered by Grizzly thru Mina interfaces.
> I think the fact that he could do this so easily says great things for
> MINAs documentation and design.
> Also, I think jean-francois is keen to share ideas and collaborate with
> the MINA community - so I hope we'll see him round these parts sometime
> soon :o)

Indeed :-) My goal with AsyncWeb is to make it available in GlassFish so
Servlet/WebApp can include AsyncWeb Service. Now will it be used inside
a JavaEE 5 Application Server is the big question.

An interesting experimentation I would like to do is to use MINA to
re-create Grizzly. From what I've seen in MINA, Grizzly and its
extensions (Comet request support, Asynchronous Request Processing,
Resource Consumption Management) could be ported with some minor
addition to MINA (ex: a pool of temporary Selector). But I need to do my
homework of better understanding MINA before :-)....and find the time to
do it :-)

Great work!

-- Jeanfrancois

Posted by "Irving, Dave" <da...@logicacmg.com>.