Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Bruce Edge <br...@nextissuemedia.com> on 2015/03/25 19:17:12 UTC

Initialize OBR configuration in a crankstart driven sling instances

With the launchpad one could set launchpad/src/main/sling/common.properties:obr.repository.url to a custom URL to specify a custom OBR configuration.

Does such a mechanism exist for crankstart driven instances?

-Bruce

Re: Initialize OBR configuration in a crankstart driven sling instances

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 11:46 PM, Bruce Edge
> ...Perhaps the right question is, how does one initialize the configuration
> for an OBR, independent of startup method?...

Ah I get it now, you want to set an OSGi config from code, that's used
to setup an OBR?

The ConfigurationAdmin [1] lets you do that, there's examples in the
Sling codebase.

-Bertrand

[1] https://osgi.org/javadoc/r4v42/org/osgi/service/cm/ConfigurationAdmin.html

Re: Initialize OBR configuration in a crankstart driven sling instances

Posted by Bruce Edge <br...@nextissuemedia.com>.
From: Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 2:26 PM
To: users <us...@sling.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Initialize OBR configuration in a crankstart driven sling
instances

>On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Bruce Edge
>>With the launchpad one could set
>>launchpad/src/main/sling/common.properties:obr.repository.url
>>to a custom URL to specify a custom OBR configuration...
>
>That doesn't work with crankstart so far, as it only knows about Maven
>repositories for artifacts.
>
>-Bertrand

Perhaps the right question is, how does one initialize the configuration
for an OBR, independent of startup method?

I assume I can POST to localhost:8000/system/console/obr, but ideally I¹d
like to do it from within a bundle or as initial data.
Is this possible?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.