Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2008/09/22 17:16:08 UTC

Rename ODT example site

Gavin has committed an ODT example site which is nothing more than a
simple sample at this time - it includes a TEI sample. Pablo is working
on a wiki to TEI converter.

I'm planning on creating an example that demonstrates quite a few of the
integration features of Forrest using Resume, TEI, wiki, DOAP, mySQL, RT
and a few other sources (eventually).

I wonder if we should do these all in the same example.

You may recall, my original motivation for doing this was that we will
be doing some development work on this internally (the wiki-TEI and
TEI-HTML stuff Pablo is working on is part of this). My proposal was
that we do this work in Forrest itself in order to demonstrate the
functionality and felxibility of Forrest.

The ODT stuff looks like it could be useful to use as well.

Shall I rename the ODT sample to something more generic so that it can
grow to include samples from our work?

I'm not sure what name to give it, perhaps: contentIntegration

Ross

RE: Rename ODT example site

Posted by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

That's what I've gone and called it, hope that suits better,

Gav...

RE: Rename ODT example site

Posted by Gavin <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Fine by me, I couldn't think of anything better than I used.
I shall be expanding and adding more to it over the next few days also.

The example site currently uses a(n almost) maven theme - to emulate Maven
more closely the tabs are not in use, if your not happy with that you can
revert to using Pelt etc, though I thought this example site was also a good
showcase for a new theme.

Gav...