Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Steve Fisher <S....@rl.ac.uk> on 2000/02/01 15:00:23 UTC

-validate

Hi,

I just want to validate my XML so I tried:

xalan -in my.xml -validate

it complained of no stylesheet which is sort of reasonable as xalan is
supposed to be for doing transforms. So I provided my normal -in -out -xsl
and -validate but the -validate appeared to have no effect. Is this
expected.

Presumably what I really want is a small class to call xerces. I notice
that SAXCount in the xerces samples will validate. Does anyone have the
(presumably) few lines of code I need, or should I throw away from
SAXCount the bits I don't need?

Steve