Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net> on 2013/08/30 22:15:36 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack Virtual Appliance - vSphere, KVM and XEN

Objective: Speed up the Apache CloudStack adoption by abstracting the need of going through install process and using pre-installed package instead. Especially useful for a quick POC.

Version: Apache CloudStack 4.1.1 | OS: CentOS 6.4 x86_64

vSphere:
 Short URL: http://s.apache.org/vapp-acs411-vsphere
Long URL: http://download.cloudsand.com/appliances/cloudstack/centos6.4-x86_64-cloudstack-4.1.1.ova

KVM:
Short URL: http://s.apache.org/vapp-acs411-kvm
Long URL: http://download.cloudsand.com/appliances/cloudstack/centos6.4-x86_64-cloudstack-4.1.1.qcow2.bz2

XEN:
Short URL: http://s.apache.org/vapp-acs411-xen
Full URL: http://download.cloudsand.com/appliances/cloudstack/centos6.4-x86_64-cloudstack-4.1.1.vhd.bz2

Minimum Requirements:
1 CPU x 2 GB of RAM

Testing:

Please spend few minutes on testing these out, you can import it as a template into your ACS - power on and see the details on initial start.
I've tested vSphere and KVM version. I don't have XEN instance to try.

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack Virtual Appliance - vSphere, KVM and XEN

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Ilay,

Sorry I don't have VMware Studio.

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Posted by Alexander Hitchins <cl...@alexhitchins.com>.
Thanks Ilya & Carlos, vSphere didn't like my NIC and I didn't have a
spare so I'm trying the XenServer route now.

Once I am more up to speed I will get a vSphere box togehter, for the
moment though hopefully this will do.

Thanks again,

Alex

--
​
Alexander Hitchins

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack Virtual Appliance - vSphere, KVM and XEN

Posted by DogPatch06 <Do...@gmx.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

Posted by Alexander Hitchins <cl...@alexhitchins.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

Great idea! Has anything been added to the docs regarding this?

Marty

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
The process is automated, I can easily build 4.2 - but for now, I hear of things break here and there.

If someone can point me to a "stable" commit in 4.2, I can generate 4.2 appliance as well.

On 30.08.2013 21:15, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> Objective: Speed up the Apache CloudStack adoption by abstracting the
> need of going through install process and using pre-installed package
> instead. Especially useful for a quick POC.
>
> Version: Apache CloudStack 4.1.1 | OS: CentOS 6.4 x86_64
>
> vSphere:
>  Short URL: http://s.apache.org/vapp-acs411-vsphere
> Long URL:
> http://download.cloudsand.com/appliances/cloudstack/centos6.4-x86_64-c
> loudstack-4.1.1.ova
>
> KVM:
> Short URL: http://s.apache.org/vapp-acs411-kvm
> Long URL:
> http://download.cloudsand.com/appliances/cloudstack/centos6.4-x86_64-c
> loudstack-4.1.1.qcow2.bz2
>
> XEN:
> Short URL: http://s.apache.org/vapp-acs411-xen
> Full URL:
> http://download.cloudsand.com/appliances/cloudstack/centos6.4-x86_64-c
> loudstack-4.1.1.vhd.bz2
>

> Minimum Requirements:
> 1 CPU x 2 GB of RAM
>
> Testing:
>
> Please spend few minutes on testing these out, you can import it as a
> template into your ACS - power on and see the details on initial
> start.
> I've tested vSphere and KVM version. I don't have XEN instance to try.

Good job.

I'd love to test some appliances with 4.2 builds. :)

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache CloudStack Virtual Appliance - vSphere, KVM and XEN

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
Homepage for appliances can be seen here
http://www.cloudsand.com/content/virtual-applicances/

2 more announcements are coming up soon.

Generic linux templates - mostly rhel based, CentOS, Fedora and Scientific Linux with cloud-init support.
CloudSand Edition of CloudStack - which contains ACS + Extended VMware vSphere support and LDAP UI plugin written by Ian Duffy.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.

Posted by "Jake G." <Dj...@yahoo.com>.