Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bradley Mazurek <ma...@opentext.com> on 2005/04/05 17:39:48 UTC

Programmatic Service Deployment

Hi,

I'm writing some infrastructure that is expected to take a Class and a
service name (String), and deploy a service with the provided name,
dispatching requests to instances of the given class.

I know the way I'd like to accomplish this, but I'm running into some
difficulties.

What I'd like to do is use a handler to look at the request when it
arrives.  If it is a request to a service I am aware of, but has not
been deployed, I deploy it using the AdminClient/AxisServlet, similar to
what I would expect JWS files are doing, and the request is serviced.

The problem is that the handlers (even transport handlers?) are only
being invoked on requests for services that are already deployed.

Is there any way for Axis users to accomplish something similar to what
JWS handlers do?

--
Brad

Re: Programmatic Service Deployment

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.
Instead of a handler, a servlet filter for AxisServlet could be a better
place to do this ?
 - venkat