Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Mike Goudie <mi...@venturalabs.com> on 2003/11/17 16:26:27 UTC

New project proposal -- Html4Java

Hello,
I would like to start a new project at Jakarta called HTML4Java. The result of the new project will create a set of controls based on servlets and JSP pages - similar to Swing/AWT. HTML4Java is a server-side design-oriented page layout written and rendered in Java. Each HTML command is a class that is rendered, eliminating PrintWriter's and raw <html> code in your servlet. The rendering process uses css and has built in features to deal with multiple browsers.

I'm currently the sole developer and not in a Jakarta subproject or other open source initiative. I do believe that this would make an excellent project that the community would embrace.

Can I get approval to start this project at Jakarta?

Thank-you,
Mike

Re: New project proposal -- Html4Java

Posted by Lavandowska <fl...@yahoo.com>.
Sounds interesting, but have you seen ECS?
http://jakarta.apache.org/ecs/index.html

Lance