Posted to dev@aries.apache.org by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/06 17:37:58 UTC

Running Aries Subsystems on Apache Felix

Hi all,

With the changes that have recently gone into Apache Felix it should
now be possible to run the Aries Subsystem implementation in Felix. I
got some basic subsystems working, but ran into issues with a more
advanced subsystem.
I created issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARIES-1143 with
the details. I managed to get past an NPE, but then I got a more
concerning exception. It seems like the subsystem implementation tries
to re-install a bundle that's already installed and not even part of
the .esa file that I'm installing.

It would be great if someone knowledgeable with the subsystems
implementation could take a look.

Thanks!

David