Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastian Klamar <se...@tux.wh17.tu-dresden.de> on 2003/11/27 19:09:15 UTC

SitemapSource: coherence between ResourceNotFoundException and .exists()

While working with <SourceResolver>.resolveURI(<String>) I got an
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException.  I was wondering bc
my test <Source>.exists() returned true.  I looked into
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SitemapSource (CVS 1.14) and
saw that exists() always return true.  Why does it always return true
but throws a ResourceNotFoundException when invoking getInputStream()?

TIA -- Sebastian

PS: If this question better fits to user list I'll be sorry.  Does
    »working on Cocoon itself« (description on ML page) also mean write
    an own Transformer or only contributing to Cocoon sources?

--
Dinge, die man nicht hören will, wenn man operiert wird:
                  »Ruf' mal einer die Putzfrau, wir brauchen einen Mop!«

SitemapSource: coherence between ResourceNotFoundException and .exists()

Posted by Sebastian Klamar <se...@tux.wh17.tu-dresden.de>.
Addition:

* Sebastian Klamar [2003-11-27 19:09 +0100] wrote:
> Why does it always return true but throws a ResourceNotFoundException
> when invoking getInputStream()?

Also annoying is the circumstance that ResourceNotFoundException isn't
originated from IOException nor SourceNotFoundException that are
declared in the Source interface :-/

      Sebastian

--
Die letzten Worte...
                       des Politikers: "Wir haben nichts zu befürchten!"