Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Golubenko <go...@columbiafunds.com> on 2001/02/12 17:15:37 UTC

RE: *** Generated Tomcat Temporary Class File Name Seem Too Long. .. Yes ***

Well, you may heard that Tomcat is GNU project. Just get the source code,
modify it,
and compile your own copy of Tomcat! What's the deal?

Posted by Alex Fernández <af...@tid.es>.
Where did you get the idea that Tomcat is a GNU project? It's an Apache project!

The Apache license is quite less restrictive than GPL. You can use the code in a commercial project, you don't have to redistribute your changes.

Please read the license that came with your package carefully -- it may not be important for you, but for us commercial developers it's an essential project.

Besides, fame and fortune should be granted to those who deserve it! (In this case the Apache Group :)

Cheers,

Alex.