Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Andre Landwehr <an...@gmx.net> on 2000/12/15 12:42:14 UTC

embperlObject + site search engine?

Hi,
I'd like to use a search engine like htdig for local data since I
don't want to re-invent the wheel here and write a new one. But I
use EmbperlObject via mod_perl and of course I have my own
dynamic header/footer files. So what I have to do is call the
search program (which in case of htdig is CGI) and send it's
output through the EmbperlObject handler... is that somehow
possible? Or maybe I'm just thinking too complicated again and
there is a much simpler solution?

Andre

--
 /"\
 \ /

Re: embperlObject + site search engine?

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
 Hi,
> I'd like to use a search engine like htdig for local data since I
> don't want to re-invent the wheel here and write a new one. But I
> use EmbperlObject via mod_perl and of course I have my own
> dynamic header/footer files. So what I have to do is call the
> search program (which in case of htdig is CGI) and send it's
> output through the EmbperlObject handler... is that somehow
> possible? Or maybe I'm just thinking too complicated again and
> there is a much simpler solution?

At the moment I only see the possibilty to run htdig from a Embperl page
instead directly as CGI, catch the output, maybe strip out what you don't
need and output it via Embperl.

Gerald