Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by GMane <ro...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/21 12:03:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Webalizer won't give country info

I have installed webalizer on my Mandrake 9.0 webserver.  In the past
webalizer has been able to give me information about usage by country.  Now,
however, all I get is "100.00% Country Unresolved/Unknown".

Is there any way to remedy this or is it not possible to get more
information?

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Webalizer won't give country info

Posted by Sam <si...@adria-web.com>.
This is the tip I found online that helped me when I had those problems.

"If you really need built in DNS support, it's really quite simple, however
different distributions place the required headers and libraries in
different places, so the configure script fails to find them. In a nutshell,
you need the Berkeley DB libary, and it needs to be configured with V1.85
API support. Most Linux distributions already have this library present. If
you get errors about not finding the proper header file (db_185.h), locate
it on your system and create a symbolic link to it in the /usr/include
directory. You will also need to specify the correct library to use for the
header. This may mean that you need to first run the configure script, then
if the compile fails due to unresolved references, edit the Makefile and
change the -ldb (or -ldb1) reference to the correct library, such
as -ldb-3.2 for RedHat, or just -ldb for Slackware 8. Each distribution
either names the library something different, or puts it in a different
location, so you will have to play around with it on your distro to get it
to work. If the library is in some non-standard location, you may also need
to specify it's path using the --with-dblib=... switch when you run the
configure script. Bottom line is, if you don't really need it (and most
people don't), just compile without DNS support and let your web server do
the name lookups for you."

"To compile under RH 7.x or 8.x using DNS resolver, you must use this
command line:
./configure --enable-dns --with-db=/usr/include/db1
You must have the db1 and the db1-devel RPMs installed in order to do this."

Hope this helps
Sam

Posted by GMane <ro...@hotmail.com>.

RE: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite help

Posted by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com>.
Thanks, but it appears that I may just have to sweep this one under the
rug. It doesn't seem that there is a way to rewrite the request (as I
have tried all suggestions) prior to the SSL Handshake. I think I am
stuck with dreaded Security Alert. My only solace is that the alert is
brought on by non-conventional use. It's not a huge deal. Alas, I often
fantasize of living in a perfect world.

I appreciate all of your responses.
Beau

Posted by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com>.

Posted by Jurgen <ap...@squarehosting.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Michael A Nachbaur <mi...@nachbaur.com>.

Posted by Beau Hebert <bh...@c-quential.com>.
No, the Rewrite rule does not tack on www. to https:// after accepting
the certificate. It sounds like what you're saying is that regardless, I
would need another Certificate for https://mydomain.com for any of this
to work. I was just hoping that I could rewrite the URL from https:// to
http://www. prior to the handshake to a) avoid the security alert and b)
not have to buy another certificate (which I wouldn't have done anyway).

Thanks for your help

Beau

=====
=====