Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/28 04:13:18 UTC

Change in generated operation function names from 1.4->1.5

After upgrading from axis2 1.4.1 to 1.5.2, I have noticed that the
generated function naming has slightly changed.

Instead of keeping the wsdl's original operation name, the first
character is lower cased (perhaps for Java naming conventions?

For example, if the wsdl operation name is ABCfunction, with 1.4.1 the
generation function name the same, ABCfunction, but now with 1.5.2
(also checked 1.5.1) it gets renamed to aBCfunction.

Needless to say it would be nice to not have to go and change all our
code that interfaces with web services.  I don't seem to see an option
to control this change in behavior.

Any suggestions?

I run the wsdl2java script with these options:

-uri <uri> -p <packagename> -d adb -s -u -or

Thanks

Dave

Re: Change in generated operation function names from 1.4->1.5

Posted by David Rees <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 8:26 PM, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> On 9/27/2010 10:13 PM, David Rees wrote:
>> After upgrading from axis2 1.4.1 to 1.5.2, I have noticed that the
>> generated function naming has slightly changed.
>
> Yup - 1.4.1 was doing it wrong and we fixed the default.  However we have a
> backwards-compatible option to still generate the old way, see below.
>
> Add the "-uon" ("use operation name") option, and you should see the old
> behavior.  Let us know if you have any problems.

Perfect - thanks for the help!  Not sure how I missed that option -
maybe because it's the last one in the usage list. :-)

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi David!

On 9/27/2010 10:13 PM, David Rees wrote:
> After upgrading from axis2 1.4.1 to 1.5.2, I have noticed that the
> generated function naming has slightly changed.

Yup - 1.4.1 was doing it wrong and we fixed the default.  However we have a
backwards-compatible option to still generate the old way, see below.

> Instead of keeping the wsdl's original operation name, the first
> character is lower cased (perhaps for Java naming conventions?

That's exactly right.  The JAXB/JAX-WS standard conventions are to lowercase
the first letter.

> Needless to say it would be nice to not have to go and change all our
> code that interfaces with web services.  I don't seem to see an option
> to control this change in behavior.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> I run the wsdl2java script with these options:
>
> -uri <uri> -p <packagename> -d adb -s -u -or

Add the "-uon" ("use operation name") option, and you should see the old
behavior.  Let us know if you have any problems.

Thanks,
--Glen