Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> on 2005/09/30 10:51:28 UTC

A couple of questions

First of all when I add a new project and go to the info page I
always get the same message "Note: Project details are out of sync
with Maven POM" no matter what I do. It doesn't seem to do any harm,
but I was just wondering what it could be.

Also is there some reason why the pom needs to have scm details
inside? My thinking is that continuum already knows this because I
have after all told continuum of the scm address so that it could add
it in the first place.

Thanks
-AW

Re: A couple of questions

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Yann Le Du a écrit :
> --- Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> a écrit :
>

>>First of all when I add a new project and go to the info page I
>>always get the same message "Note: Project details are out of sync
>>with Maven POM" no matter what I do. It doesn't seem to do any harm,
>>but I was just wondering what it could be.
>

> I think the point is that the Project details (and Notifiers as well) are only
> imported from the POM in the first place. So, if you hit 'Edit' and do some
> changes, your Continuum project will indeed be out of sync with the POM.

Yes. Actually, this message is hardcoded, so it appears all the time. I'll remove it.

>>Also is there some reason why the pom needs to have scm details
>>inside? My thinking is that continuum already knows this because I
>>have after all told continuum of the scm address so that it could add
>>it in the first place.
>

> If, e.g., you use the upload feature, Continuum won't have any SCM info, so it
> will need to read it from the POM. Plus, it seems that the way it was designed
> is to have everything in the POM, so that you only need to add the project.

Scm info (and other prject infos: name, version...) are picked up from pom and put in
continuum database. You can modify them in project view, but they will be rewrite with pom
infos  when continuum will launch a new build.

Emmanuel

RE: A couple of questions

Posted by Yann Le Du <le...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ashley Williams <ag...@mac.com> a écrit :

> First of all when I add a new project and go to the info page I
> always get the same message "Note: Project details are out of sync
> with Maven POM" no matter what I do. It doesn't seem to do any harm,
> but I was just wondering what it could be.

I think the point is that the Project details (and Notifiers as well) are only
imported from the POM in the first place. So, if you hit 'Edit' and do some
changes, your Continuum project will indeed be out of sync with the POM.

> Also is there some reason why the pom needs to have scm details
> inside? My thinking is that continuum already knows this because I
> have after all told continuum of the scm address so that it could add
> it in the first place.

If, e.g., you use the upload feature, Continuum won't have any SCM info, so it
will need to read it from the POM. Plus, it seems that the way it was designed
is to have everything in the POM, so that you only need to add the project.

> Thanks
> -AW

Regards,
Yann