Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jake Alley <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/12 01:58:40 UTC

Problem listing apps in manager app

I'm trying to list the applications in the manager app.  It was working before, but now all of a sudden it has stopped.  It was working before, but I added an app and it stopped working.  I remove the app and it still doesn't work.  I clean the work space for the manager app and it still doesn't work.  The applications list under "Complete Server Status" but not under "List Applications."

I'm using 6.0.13 on 1.5.0_06-b05

The error I get is:

java.lang.NullPointerException
 org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.list(HTMLManagerServlet.java:434)
 org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:137)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

 Line 434 is the following:

args[11] = new Integer(context.getManager().getMaxInactiveInterval()/60);

I'm inclined to believe it's failing because of context.getManager() which is checked for null previously in the same function.

               if (context.getManager() != null) {
                    args[4] = new Integer
                        (context.getManager().getActiveSessions());
                } else {
                    args[4] = new Integer(0);
                }

Does anybody have any insight into this?

Thanks.

Re: Problem listing apps in manager app

Posted by csirus <ga...@csiro.au>.
I hit the same snag when I updated server.xml and added some Context elements
for web apps I hadn't deployed yet. So, check the spelling/existence of any
webapps that you explicitly name in your server.xml file.