Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Imran M Yousuf <im...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/04 07:17:49 UTC

Error when using HBase from maven - unknown:hbase-core has wrong packaging: jar. Must be 'pom'.

Hi,

I am trying to use HBase as maven dependency and am running in an
error for 0.21-SNAPSHOT :(. I have attached the DEBUG maven output and
Maven, Java versions and relevant POMs are as follows.

Maven & Java version:
-------------------------------

Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-19 01:10:27+0600)
Java version: 1.6.0_13
Java home: /opt/jdk1.6.0_13/jre
OS name: "linux" version: "2.6.28-18-generic" arch: "i386" Family: "unix"
Ubuntu 9.04

Relevant POM files:
----------------------------

http://github.com/imyousuf/smart-dao/blob/master/smart-hbase-dao/pom.xml
http://github.com/imyousuf/smart-dao/blob/master/pom.xml (Line 178)

I would be grateful if someone would kindly help getting it to work.
Please feel free to ask me anything in this regard.

Thank you.

--
Imran M Yousuf
Entrepreneur & Software Engineer

Re: Error when using HBase from maven - unknown:hbase-core has wrong packaging: jar. Must be 'pom'.

Posted by Imran M Yousuf <im...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Stack. We switched to the new layout to keep it compatible with
future changes, thus using 'hbase' as artifact id and removed
'hbase-core'.

Thanks,

Imran

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.