Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by pv...@SonicWALL.com on 2007/11/13 02:33:05 UTC

XML RPC request/response standards

Hi,

I want to know if the XML request formed using Apache XML RPC library is
null-terminated?

Furthermore, is it a part of XML RPC standards to have null terminated
request/response?

The C library our server side team is using just handles null terminated
requests so not sure if it is part of XML RPC standards or what?

I need help on this urgently.

Thanks,

-Preeti

Re: XML RPC request/response standards

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 13, 2007 2:33 AM,  <pv...@sonicwall.com> wrote:

> I want to know if the XML request formed using Apache XML RPC library is
> null-terminated?

It certainly isn't.

> Furthermore, is it a part of XML RPC standards to have null terminated
> request/response?

No. In contrary, the NUL character is explicitly invalid in any XML document.

> The C library our server side team is using just handles null terminated
> requests so not sure if it is part of XML RPC standards or what?

I don't know how your C library works. If it is parsing raw HTTP
requests, then it is wrong. If the C library assumes, for example,
that *you* are parsing the HTTP requests data, delegate it to the
library and terminate the data by adding a NUL character, then that
would work.

Jochen

--
Look, that's why there's rules, understand? So that you think before
you break 'em.

    -- (Terry Pratchett, Thief of Time)

Re: XML RPC request/response standards

Posted by de...@digital-ritual.net.