Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/24 09:38:27 UTC

Docbook plugin

Hi there,

I have a preliminary version of a Docbook plugin for Maven2. Here is
my typical use case:

I use to write project documentation (at least requirements) using
Unified Process "artifacts" (Software requirements specification,
actors specification, glossary, risk list, use case
specifications,...). My main objective is to have a lot of small,
manageable and interlinked documents that form the whole documentation
and that can be easily browsed using an Internet browser. To achieve
this I use Docbook articles with cross references between documents
using olink. In order to transform this documents into a browsable
web, you must supply a olink database to the Docbook stylesheets to
enable external link resolution.

The plugin scans existing Docbook files and automatically generates
the olink database using the standard stylesheets. Once the database
is created, transforms every document (no chunking nor toc) using the
provided database. The only requirement for this to work is to use a
predefined schema to build the name of referenced documents (very
easy).

I know this is a very focused use case and implementation, so I would
like to know if there is interest in this to publish it as open
source, and maybe add more requirements and flexibility to it...

Best regards
Jose

Re: Docbook plugin

Posted by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com>.
Well, it seems that URL doesn't point directly to the thread :o( Try this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg25757.html

Re: Docbook plugin

Posted by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docbook plugin

Posted by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@gmail.com>.
I don't think that patch solves all the points I mentioned in that
thread, although it's a great step forward, as now you won't lose
information from tags not included in the Doxia parser. Any way, I
still think having a separate Docbook plugin for certain tasks makes
sense.

Best regards
Jose

Re: Docbook plugin