Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by mouss <us...@free.fr> on 2005/07/06 04:00:19 UTC

surbl miss

The following url is missed by uribl, eventhough medsavenow.com is
listed. is it because of the "$$"?

<a
href=3D""http://ar.atwola.com/redir/B0/NIGMELhw-OhjdGRhu9krS8hjdsxhHJMd7aZyBahYZOlB1rRxxNchtg$$/http://medsavenow.com/?name=3Drevup">You
won't believe our prices! </a>
                                         </h3>

[SA version=3.0.4]

Re: surbl miss

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 12:18:32PM +0200, mouss wrote:
>
>>In fact, the problem seems with quoted-printable, not with the
>>redirection. here is an example (reduced to the minimum, and with munged
>>URI).
>

> Actually it has nothing to do with quoted-printable.  The spammer put in an
> invalid HTML tag:

> Notice the double double-quotes on each end.  So what HTML parsers see is:

but if I change the content encoding to plain, it gets detected. in any
case, there is a parser problem. how to solve this?

Re: surbl miss

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
You tell 'em cabbage, You've got the head.

Re: surbl miss

Posted by mouss <us...@free.fr>.
Raymond Dijkxhoorn wrote:

> That domain is listed for quitte some time...
>
> URIBL_BLACK 3.00, URIBL_JP_SURBL 4.26, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21, URIBL_SBL
> 4.26, URIBL_WS_SURBL 1.46
>
> But then again, without headers we also dont know much more then you do :)

True!

Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 02:33:02 +0300
To: none@example.com
Subject: Fun againn

<head>

Re: Re: surbl miss

Posted by Raymond Dijkxhoorn <ra...@prolocation.net>.
Hi!

> 3.0.4 finds it fine in my test.  As usual, run with -D:
>
> debug: uri found:
> http://ar.atwola.com/redir/B0/NIGMELhw-OhjdGRhu9krS8hjdsxhHJMd7aZyBahYZOlB1rRxxNchtg$$/http://medsavenow.com/?name=revup
> debug: uri found: http://medsavenow.com/?name=revup
>
> The problem is likely that when the message came in it wasn't listed, but when
> you checked later it was.  Alternately, if the lookup timed out SA wouldn't
> have registered the hit.

That domain is listed for quitte some time...

URIBL_BLACK 3.00, URIBL_JP_SURBL 4.26, URIBL_OB_SURBL 3.21, URIBL_SBL
4.26, URIBL_WS_SURBL 1.46

But then again, without headers we also dont know much more then you do :)

Bye,
Raymond.

Re: surbl miss

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:00:19AM +0200, mouss wrote:
> The following url is missed by uribl, eventhough medsavenow.com is
> listed. is it because of the "$$"?

3.0.4 finds it fine in my test.  As usual, run with -D:

debug: uri found:
http://ar.atwola.com/redir/B0/NIGMELhw-OhjdGRhu9krS8hjdsxhHJMd7aZyBahYZOlB1rRxxNchtg$$/http://medsavenow.com/?name=revup
debug: uri found: http://medsavenow.com/?name=revup

The problem is likely that when the message came in it wasn't listed, but when
you checked later it was.  Alternately, if the lookup timed out SA wouldn't
have registered the hit.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
"A side impact by a bicycle totaled my Dauphine after only one year."
         - Unknown about the Renault Dauphine