Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Charles Russell <Ch...@kisinc.net> on 2012/05/29 23:19:39 UTC

Need port range for Forwarding

Guys,

Is there a way to add a range of rules for port forwarding?  Example I need to add 10000-20000.  Is there a wildcard?  I really don’t want to have to api call all these ports.

Charles Russell
Senior Consulting Engineer
Knowledge Information Solutions, Inc.
P:      (757)  275-7523
M:      (757) 647-6236
F:      (757) 486-2318

Re: Need port range for Forwarding

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Hi Charles,

Yes, you can create static nat to the vm, then just enable the
necessary ports on firewall.

A reason of no port range mapping is unable to guarantee 1:1 mapping
in order(e.g. if you map public ports 10000-20000 to vm ports
10000-20000, there is no guarantee public ports 10000 would map to vm
ports 10000), so you'd better use static nat for range.

-- Sheng

Posted by Charles Russell <Ch...@kisinc.net>.
I should have stated, we are running 3.0.2.

If no one can provide a simple way to do a port range, then how about setting up static nats for an advanced zone.

Charles Russell
Senior Consulting Engineer
Knowledge Information Solutions, Inc.
Phone: (757)  275-7523