Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aleksei Valikov <va...@gmx.net> on 2007/01/12 11:11:16 UTC

Plugin dependencies are not redefined

Hi.

In my project, I am using the maven-jaxb1-plugin to compile XML Schemas into
schema-derived classes.

I would like to use this plugin in two modules but with different sets of plugin
dependencies. For instance, in module A the maven-jaxb1-plugin needs no
additional artifacts, schemas may be compiled as is. In module B I use some JAXB
plugins, this requires some artifacts to be added into plugin dependencies.

When I build modules A and B separately, everything works fine. However, when I
execute the build of the parent project and B is built after A, module B fails
since JAXB can't find the required dependencies.

It seems that after the plugin was initialized in the A module, its dependencies
are not overridden for B. Therefore in B JAXB lacks the required classes.

Is there a possibility to handle the situation? Currently I have to exclude B
from the modules of the parent POM, otherwise the build fails.

Thanks.

Bye.
/lexi

Re: Plugin dependencies are not redefined

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day to you, /lexi,

You may want to open a jira issue for that in [1].

Thanks,
Franz