Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chris Pat <cp...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/15 06:05:13 UTC

html post vs javascript onclick

Hello
If I have an "strut-i-fied" html form that also has
JavaScript event handlers, and onclick function calls,
can I be guaranteed that the js will fully execute
first before the html post in both NS & IE?  It has to
right?  It would be preposterous otherwise.  Just
paranoid about all the adhoc caveats.  Thank you.

Re: html post vs javascript onclick

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Chris-

The Struts TagLibs referenced at
http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/taglib/html/JavascriptValidatorTag.html
builds JavaScript client validator based on the validation rules loaded by
the ValidatorPlugIn defined in the struts-config.xml file.
JSTL
The JSTL details function referenced at
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/library/j-santa3/
builds JavaScript details function using jsEnc of a regular expression input
This is the ONLY example I could find using JSTL to create a JavaScript
function
Anyone else ???

Martin-