Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2015/12/12 18:05:30 UTC

CI core-it-maven

Hi,

after looking into the integration tests based on removing the Ant build
i have observed a strange thing...

The following:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/core-it-maven-3-win/1045/consoleFull

is finished successfully whereas

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/core-it-maven-3-win/1044/consoleFull

is not finished successfully...

The only difference is that #1045 uses Maven 3.3.1 for running the
integration tests..and #1044 uses Maven 3.0.5..

i have dived a little bit more into this and checked the bootstrap
output during the start of the integration tests which uses mvn
dependency:resolve-plugins which misses some artifacts:

http://localhost:8081/nexus/content/groups/public/org/apache/maven/maven-plugin-parameter-documenter/2.0.6/maven-plugin-parameter-documenter-2.0.6.pom

and the running of the integration test fails on the missing for such
artifact..During the bootstrap maven-plugin-parameter-documenter-2.0.9
will be downloaded...but the integration test mng-5898 will try to get
maven-plugin-parameter-documenter-2.0.6...

If i use Maven 3.3.1 for the integration tests the tests will work fine...

Someone an idea? what could be the root cause?...

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise

Re: CI core-it-maven

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Hi,

it seems core-its use m-dependency-p version 2.8: did you try with latest, ie
2.10?

then m-dependency-p uses shared dependency-tree, which is told to be buggy
sometimes: I never got real examples, nor time to dig into details to find
where the result is not consistent, but it may explain the difference when run
with different Maven versions
At least, with latest Maven, everything is fine...

Regards,

Hervé