Posted to dev@synapse.apache.org by Ravi Undupitiya <ra...@apache.org> on 2016/12/31 12:10:17 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 Take 2

This is a call for votes to release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 (Take 2)

Please review the distribution artifacts:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/synapse/3.0.0/RC2/

The nexus staging repository is available at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachesynapse-1004

Updated site for this release is available at:
http://people.apache.org/~ravi/synapse/3.0.0/RC2/site/

SVN Tag (r1776723):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/synapse/tags/3.0.0/

Public key:
http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAE1FFE87ABBB3CC4

Issues Fixed:
https://goo.gl/RfzoCK (Apache Synapse JIRA Link)

Instructions on how to validate distribution artifacts before voting:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release

Thanks,
Ravi

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 Take 2

Posted by Chanaka Udaya Kumara Fernando <ch...@gmail.com>.
I did tests on the following features and found no issues.

1) HTTP message passthrough
2) HTTPS message passthrough
3) Header Based routing
4) Content Based routing
5) Proxy services

6) Performance test on all the above scenarios with 500 concurrent users
and 1000 iterations per user.

7) Synapse Message store
8) Sampling Message Processor
8) Forwarding Message Processor

I have attached the performance test results and memory allocation results.

Here is my +1 based on the above testing results.

Thanks,
Chanaka

Posted by Isuru Udana <is...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me. It’s been a long time coming. Thanks Ravi and others for seeing this through.

Here’s my +1 (binding)

Thanks,
Hiranya

--
Hiranya Jayathilaka
Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 Take 2

Posted by Dushan Abeyruwan <du...@apache.org>.
Hi Folks,
 Sorry, I couldn't involve much on release process. Anyway, I did some
smoke test, integration tests, verified source distribution, the
documentation and things looking pretty good.
Here is my vote +1

Thanks Ravi for coordinating this effort.

Cheers,
Dushan

Posted by Kasun Indrasiri <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Did some smoke testing and found no issues.

Here is my +1 (binding).

Thanks everyone for all your efforts on this release.

Kasun.

--
Kasun Indrasiri
Software Architect,

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 Take 2

Posted by prabath <pr...@gmail.com>.

--
Prabath Ariyarathna.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 Take 2

Posted by Ravi Undupitiya <ra...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hiranya Jayathilaka <hi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ravi,

Please send a release note to the user list. Might be a good idea to also notify the Axis2 community about this release.

Thanks,
Hiranya

Hiranya Jayathilaka
Mayhem Lab/RACE Lab;

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Synapse 3.0.0 Take 2

Posted by Ravi Undupitiya <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ravi Undupitiya <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.