Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stanley Iriele <si...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 11:23:19 UTC

Couchdb easter eggs like returning "json:"

I have been reading through the couchdb docs online..,fantastic job by the
way, and I discovered the joy of returning "json" instead if stringifying
my objects and setting the "application/json" header myself

I don't see any official reference pointing out this goodie... Are there
more? Is there an official list somewhere?... This is not s pressing issue
it just seems like the more I use this database the more find incredibly
handy functions.

Thanks in advance

Re: Couchdb easter eggs like returning "json:"

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stanley,

You definitely miss the JSON Structure Reference article:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/json-structure.html#response-object

Also in design function description there are few examples about:
http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/couchapp/ddocs.html#show-functions

Hope that CouchDB will surprise you again (:

--