Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Birchfield <da...@music.columbia.edu> on 2001/09/27 19:41:35 UTC

add tomcat 4.0 context

Hi All,

I have recently migrated to Tomcat 4.0 on a RH 7.1 server.  Tomcat is up
and running and I am able to execute servlets in the examples context.

Having poured over the documentation and examples, trying to replicate
successfully, I'm still unable to add my contexts to the server.

In server.xml I have added the following context:

<Context path="/ga_servlets"
                        docBase="ga_servlets"
                        debug="0"
                        reloadable="true"
                        />

This directory sits parallel to the examples dir.

When I stop and start tomcat, I don't receive any error messages, but when
I try to view my pages I get an error that the resource is not available.

I was able to to this with TC 3.2, but is there more that I need to do?  I
am using a modified version of web.xml (modified from the examples) in my
WEB-INF directory, but perhaps that is still not right?

Thanks for any help - guess it would be most helpful if I could identify
the source of the problem.  ie - do I need to do more to my server.xml
file that adding the context as listed above?  or is it more likely that
my web.xml file isn't correct?  and how should I interpret that fact that
I don't get any error messages?

thanks for any suggestions!

best,
david