Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2012/10/01 17:49:54 UTC

Re: [ASFCS40][DISCUSS] Binary packaging - another round of discussions that I'd like us to come to a conclusion on.

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> This all sounds good to me.
>
> What would be the difference between the src.tar.gz and the jar one?

The jar archives would be the compiled source.  The source build is source only.

I personally don't see any value in publishing compiled code via ASF
infra for now, but anybody can feel free to disagree!