Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com> on 2021/07/15 19:32:32 UTC

JDK 17 is now in Rampdown Phase Two

Hi Andriy,

*Per the JDK 17 schedule , we are in Rampdown Phase Two [1].*

*Please advise if you find any issues while testing the latest Early
Access builds.*

  * Schedule:

      o *2021/07/15 Rampdown Phase Two*
      o 2021/08/05  Initial Release Candidate
      o 2021/08/19 Final Release Candidate
      o 2021/09/14  General Availability

The overall feature set is frozen. No further JEPs will be targeted to
this release.

  * Features integrated in JDK 17:

      o JEP 306: Restore Always-Strict Floating-Point Semantics
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/306>
      o JEP 356: Enhanced Pseudo-Random Number Generators
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/356>
      o JEP 382: New macOS Rendering Pipeline
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/382>
      o JEP 391: macOS/AArch64 Port <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/391>
      o JEP 398: Deprecate the Applet API for Removal
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/398>
      o JEP 403: Strongly Encapsulate JDK Internals
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/403>
      o JEP 406: Pattern Matching for switch (Preview)
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/406>
      o JEP 407: Remove RMI Activation <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/407>
      o JEP 409: Sealed Classes <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/409>
      o JEP 410: Remove the Experimental AOT and JIT Compiler
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/410>
      o JEP 411: Deprecate the Security Manager for Removal
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411>
      o JEP 412: Foreign Function & Memory API (Incubator)
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/412>
      o JEP 414: Vector API (Second Incubator)
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/414>
      o JEP 415: Context-Specific Deserialization Filters
        <https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/415>

*
*

*OpenJDK 17 Early Access build 31 is available at
**https://jdk.java.net/17* <https://jdk.java.net/17>

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <https://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>
  * Release Notes are available at https://jdk.java.net/17/release-notes
    <https://jdk.java.net/17/release-notes>

*
*

*OpenJDK 18 Early Access build 6 is available at *
*https://jdk.java.net/18* <https://jdk.java.net/18>

  * These early-access , open-source builds are provided under the
      o GNU General Public License, version 2, with the Classpath
        Exception <https://openjdk.java.net/legal/gplv2+ce.html>
  * Release Notes are available at https://jdk.java.net/18/release-notes
    <https://jdk.java.net/18/release-notes>
  * Changes in recent builds that maybe of interest:
      o JDK-8269697: JNI_GetPrimitiveArrayCritical() should not accept
        object array [build 6]
      o JDK-8253119: Remove the legacy PlainSocketImpl and
        PlainDatagramSocketImpl implementation [build 6]
      o JDK-8268960: Prohibit Null for Header Keys and Values in
        com.sun.net.httpserver.Headers [build 5]
      o JDK-8256425: Obsolete Biased Locking in JDK 18 [build 4]

*Topics of Interest: *

  * ‘Inside Java’ Podcast #18: Java's steady march towards strong
    encapsulation <https://inside.java/2021/06/29/podcast-018/>

Rgds,Rory

[1]
https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-July/005752.html
<https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2021-July/005752.html>

Re: [External] : Re: JDK 17 is now in Rampdown Phase Two

Posted by Rory O'Donnell <ro...@oracle.com>.
Many thanks for the update Andriy!

--
Rgds, Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager

Re: JDK 17 is now in Rampdown Phase Two

Posted by Andriy Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rory,

The Apache CXF team is very happy to advice that we have stable green builds [1] on JDK 17. There
are a few outstanding issues [2], mostly with test libraries, which will be addressed (hopefully
before JDK 17 GA) but nothing major at the moment.

Enjoy your week-end!
Thank you!

[1] https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/CXF/job/CXF-JDK17/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-8407