Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Atul <at...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/05 10:30:34 UTC

Re: HandleFault in CXF Interceptors - tried possible options

Hi All,

I am facing a similar problem.

JAXRSValidationInINterceptor is throwing an exception in PRE_INVOKE phase. I
want to catch this exception and return a custom json response to the
client. I have created a custom interceptor which catches the exception ,
takes out the message . I have one exception mapper registered. I am using
that but its not working. No json content is going to the client. Please
help. I want to send JSON response to the client.

 @Override
    public void handleMessage(Message aInMessage) throws Fault
    {
        Exception e = aInMessage.getContent(Exception.class);
        Fault f = (Fault)e;
        if(f.getCause() instanceof ConstraintViolationException){
            ConstraintViolationException exception =
(ConstraintViolationException)f.getCause();
            String message =
exception.getConstraintViolations().iterator().next().getMessage();
            XRouterError error = new XRouterError("401",message);
            throw new OperationFailedException(error);
        }
    }