Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn> on 2016/02/06 07:13:00 UTC

build Trafodion with jdk 1.8 failed

Hi, all,

I am trying to build Trafodion with Oracle JDK 1.8, and it failed first with ANT classpath issue, it is easy to fix.
Then it seems I meet a strange Java programming issue, not sure if I miss something. Ask for more help :

The error message is like:

[ERROR] ^  ##(DCS)
[ERROR] /home/liuliumi/incubator-trafodion/dcs/src/main/java/org/trafodion/dcs/rest/model/WorkloadListModel.java:38: error: no tag name after @  ##(DCS)
[ERROR] * @@@ START COPYRIGHT @@@  ##(DCS)
[ERROR] ^  ##(DCS)

The line 38 is copyright text, and within a /* */ comments, no idea why Java report an ERROR. Did I miss something? I cannot find much on internet about 'no tag name after' issue in java.

Just a try, to see how many issues are there.
HBase 1.2 will support JDK 8. Maybe Trafodion team should also do some research now?

Thanks,
Ming

RE: build Trafodion with jdk 1.8 failed

Posted by Steve Varnau <st...@esgyn.com>.
Can you not check it in so that it would build with either 1.7 or 1.8, so
that testing can be done?

--Steve

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.
With JDK 1.8, dcs and rest components failed to build. Thanks to Nitin for
providing the command line option. I have made the needed change in the
pom.xml with the help of Venkat. I am now able to build it with Jdk 1.8.  I

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.

Posted by "Liu, Ming (Ming)" <mi...@esgyn.cn>.
Thanks Nitin,

This is very helpful!