Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com> on 2006/12/08 18:57:52 UTC

RE: How can I learn a mail which how many score it got from each my rules?

Larry Rosenman wrote:
> Halid Faith wrote:
> > I use spamassassin3.1.7
> >
> > I go through some mails.
> > I see a mail in /var/log/spamd.log as below Wed Dec  6 13:33:49 2006
> > [4484] info: spamd: result: Y 15 -

EXTRA_MPART_TYPE,FRONTPAGE,HTML_MESSAGE,INVALID_DATE,MIME_BOUND_NEXTPART,
> > MIME_QP_LONG_LINE,MSGID_MULTIPLE_AT,SARE_GIF_ATTACH,SARE_OBFUGIRLS,
> > SUBJ_ALL_CAPS,SUBJ_ILLEGAL_CHARS,TW_IY,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY,UPPERCASE_25_50
> >
> > Yet, I can't understand which my rule, how many score gave that
> > mail. How can I learn a mail which how many score it got from each
> > my rules? is there a command for it ?
>
> In your user_prefs, add the following:
> report _TESTSSCORES( )_
>
> That shows the tests *AND* the scores:

> 	BAYES_00=-2.599 DK_POLICY_SIGNSOME=0.001 SPF_PASS=-0.001
> UPPERCASE_25_50=0 USER_IN_WHITELIST=-100 USER_IN_WHITELIST_TO=-6

I haven't seen that one before.  I might start using that as my default
setting.

What I do on my personal account and one or two others is add the full spam
report.  This should already be in the headers for spam, but I add it for
both so I can see the details for rule hits on ham as well.  Just add the
following line to either local.cf or a user's user_prefs file.

    add_header all Report _REPORT_

--
Bowie