Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Robert Peterson <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 03:25:21 UTC

rendering simple caja gadget

How can we do the equivalent of sample1.html with caja? Here is what we
tried:

*test-spec.xml:*
<Module>
 <ModulePrefs title="Hello World">
   <Require feature="caja"/>
 </ModulePrefs>
 <Content type="html">
   <![CDATA[ <p>caja are you there?</p> ]]>
  </Content>
</Module>

*renderGadget():*
var gadget0 = gadgets.container.createGadget({specUrl: "
http://ourserver.com/test-spec.xml"});
gadgets.container.addGadget(gadget0);
gadgets.container.layoutManager.setGadgetChromeIds(['gadget-chrome-x']);
gadgets.container.renderGadget(gadget0);

This did render the gadget, but it is still in an iframe and firebug shows
these errors:

Internal: Simple functions can't be exophora: function (v) { valijaMaker =
v; }
Error(message);}function
enforce(test,...},Array.slice(arguments,1));}function
opensocial is not defined
$v is undefined

Help!

Re: rendering simple caja gadget

Posted by Robert Peterson <ju...@gmail.com>.
The primary reason we are thinking about utilizing caja is for performance.
The caja site says that if no iframe is used, this can improve performance.
I read an email to this list somewhere that suggested enabling caja /w
Shindig actually slows things down. Since inlining isn't supported, I'd
imagine this is definitely true, no?

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by ๏̯͡๏ Jasvir Nagra <ja...@google.com>.