Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by james <ga...@verizon.net> on 2016/05/11 02:09:06 UTC

distributed file systems

Hello,

Has anyone customized/compiled mesos and successfully deployed  a mesos
cluster to run on cephfs, orangefs [1], or any other distributed file
systems?

If so, some detail on your setup would be appreciated.

[1]
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OrangeFS-Lands-Linux-4.6

RE: distributed file systems

Posted by Aaron Carey <ac...@ilm.com>.
What workloads are you attempting to run exactly?

Is this for an actual implementation or a research project?

Thanks,
Aaron

--

Aaron Carey
Production Engineer - Cloud Pipeline

Posted by james <ga...@verizon.net>.

Posted by james <ga...@verizon.net>.
Hello Rodrick,

Posted by Rodrick Brown <ro...@orchard-app.com>.
Does EFS count? :-)

https://aws.amazon.com/efs/

\--

[rodrick@orchardplatform.com](mailto:charlie@orchardplatform.com)

On May 10 2016, at 9:07 pm, james &lt;garftd@verizon.net&gt; wrote:

> Hello,

Has anyone customized/compiled mesos and successfully deployed a mesos
cluster to run on cephfs, orangefs [1], or any other distributed file
systems?

> If so, some detail on your setup would be appreciated.

[1]
[http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&amp;px=OrangeFS-Lands-
Linux-4.6](http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OrangeFS-Lands-
Linux-4.6)