Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sammaye <sa...@googlemail.com> on 2011/09/18 20:22:38 UTC

Stability of NRT searching in trunk

Hey everyone,

I know this question has probably been asked before but I cannot seem to
find it.

Basically I noticed that in the latest trunk of Solr there is now a soft
commit
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/UpdateXmlMessages#A.22commit.22_and_.22optimize.22)
that ofc allows for the hard index to look like it has been updated in
realtime (with a mechanism that sounds very much like a fsync to disk on a
hard commit).

I am wondering:

a. Is this stable enough to be used to reproduce this kind of behaviour in
production: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2566 ?
b. Does it work for the full CRUD of a record?

I am wondering whether it is time I can switch from the Lucene project to
the Solr project which better supports a lot of my needs. I ofc cannot do
this until I have some kind of NRT ability in Solr (not previous NRT
behaviour with indexing 10k records every second, I mean real NRT).

Thanks in advance,