Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Steve Viens <st...@viens.net> on 2004/04/02 07:18:50 UTC

UDDI v3 Publish-Subscribe Feature (was jUDDI as UDDI repository)

(I've moved this discussion to the juddi-dev list)

Since the spec states that for the "notify_subscriptionListener" API
"Nodes MAY support either or both" of the async and sync patterns. We
could plan to implement the sync pattern for now ... to get the majority
of the functionality into jUDDI more quickly.

From: http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi_v3.htm#_Toc53709323

Subscription allows subscribers to “monitor” a particular subset of data
within a registry.  Two patterns are defined.  Nodes MAY support either
or both:

· Asynchronous notification – subscribers choose to be asynchronously
notified by the node when registry data of interest changes via calls to
the notify_subscriptionListener API, which they implement as a
“subscription listener” service.

· Synchronous change tracking – subscribers issue a synchronous request
using the get_subscriptionResults API to obtain information on activity
in the registry which matches their subscription preferences.

Steve
sviens@apache.org