Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Surette <ps...@espial.com> on 2002/10/17 18:44:21 UTC

commons-cli: patch for org/apache/commons/cli/Option.java

Thanks everyone for getting the nightly build going
for cli.  Talk about responsive!

I'm trying the package out right now, very nice
(though it requires a bit of play to figure out
how to do things).

I ran into a bug when trying to use the HelpFormatter
which excercises Option.hasArgName. Here's my patch
for it.

/org/apache/commons/cli/Option.java
***************
*** 395,401 ****
        * set.
        */
       public boolean hasArgName() {
!          return (this.argName != null || this.argName.length() > 0 );
       }

       /**
--- 395,407 ----
        * set.
        */
       public boolean hasArgName() {
!          if (argName == null) {
!              return false;
!          }
!          else {
!              return argName.length() > 0;

Re: commons-cli: patch for org/apache/commons/cli/Option.java

Posted by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>.
Phil,

I'll get around to looking at this in a few hours time.
Thanks for the input,
-John K

--
John Keyes <jb...@mac.com>