Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by carmmello <ca...@globo.com> on 2006/10/06 19:32:18 UTC

fixing segmentes

In Nutch 0.7 there was the command "bin/nutch segread crawl/segment/segment1 -fix"  that allowed to make usable one segment that, for some reason, was not completely fetched.  I looked in Nutch 0.8.1, but was unable to find something similar.  Is there any such command in 0,8?
Tanks

Re: fixing segmentes

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
carmmello wrote:
> In Nutch 0.7 there was the command "bin/nutch segread crawl/segment/segment1 -fix"  that allowed to make usable one segment that, for some reason, was not completely fetched.  I looked in Nutch 0.8.1, but was unable to find something similar.  Is there any such command in 0,8?

No, there is no such command, because it's not possible to create
partial, corrupted output. If map-reduce jobs fail, their map-reduce
output is not preserved (other output, specifically created by the
application, is not affected). In case of Fetcher in 0.8 if it crashes
or is killed then you get no output at all.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><