Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com> on 2020/10/01 23:22:06 UTC

Re: Discuss Impala ARM CI integration

I think we got stalled here. I never got anywhere with configuring commits@
to accept emails from openlab and not sure that it's possible.

In order to get something going, my suggestion is to copy what Kudu did and
have this go to a custom mailing list. If you follow the thread here it
describes what they did
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rfcd230882ec34171462a0c8c53ef6e8efcad50c9d67f8da18a508d07%40%3Cdev.kudu.apache.org%3E

Jim, it looks like the PMC chair is needed to create a new mailing list via
https://selfserve.apache.org/ (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-20604), so maybe we can go
ahead with that route?

- Tim

I think it would be good to run the tests on impala.jenkins.io but I don't
want to hold up things further. Another interesting technology is the ARM
emulation support in Docker.

Posted by Jim Apple <ap...@jbapple.com>.
OK, we're all set on the builds@ list. According to the confirmation email,
"it will appear on https://lists.apache.org/ within a few minutes of the
first post to it."

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Jim!

Posted by Tianhua huang <hu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all:)

The details of the arm64 test job as below:
1. The job runs on instance which flavor is 16vCPUs | 32GB, using Ubuntu
18.04 64bit with ARM, with a 500GB root volume
2. The job runs once every day on utc 12:30
3. The job script general is ./bin/bootstrap_development.sh &
bin/run-all-tests.sh
you can find the script
https://github.com/theopenlab/openlab-zuul-jobs/blob/master/playbooks/impala-build-test-arm64/run.yaml
4. we send the job results to builds@impala.apache.org