Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Prasad Sethumadhavan <PS...@sandcherry.com> on 2005/04/08 01:00:47 UTC

Web Services Technology Help

Hi,
Here is some more details about my requirement...

I have a java process running on a server (J2SE and NOT J2EE). The
server component should be able to provide service to multiple clients.
The client side is currently in java but it would be nice if non-java
clients can access the server component.

The client queues messages/requests with the server.
The server can send multiple messages in response as it processes the
client request.
The communication does not necessarily follow a request-response model.
All the messaging is asynchronous
The client and server components should be able to convert the messages
into java beans without doing any message parsing.
Interoperability, performance, flexibility and ease of use are the
priorities.

I have been reading about the following technologies :
Web Services
JAX_RPC
JAXM
JMS

I am not sure which one is the best fit for my requirement. Any feedback
or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Prasad