Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/29 02:02:36 UTC

Re: Session Management is done

Hi All,

I finnaly finished session managment phase 1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12330823

This patch containes transport independent session mgt using WS-Addressing
EPR.
The sessionId is completely opaque to the client as long as it is WS-A spec
complient.
(the sessionid is sent in ReplyTO EPR and the client is supposed to echo it
blindly in the TO EPR when contacting the server again as per Sanjivas
explanation)

Session mgt is completly optional and can be deployed without. The rest of
the code should compile minus the session and clustering modules.
(I will email the architecture doc tommorrow which explains how it plugs
into the core)

Currently the sessions want survive a restart or cluster.
Peristance and clustering will be done next.

<NOTE>
  The session handlers and the session management section should be removed
from the client axis2.xml
  I am thiking of adding a switch to just enable and disable session mgt
easily
</NOTE>

Examples (located in the samples module)
-----------------
ATM example
sample.session.atm.*

Echo example
sample.session.echo.*

Interfaces
--------------
All interfaces are located in the core module
Main interfaces useful for users
org.apache.axis2.session.Session
org.apache.axis2.session.SessionManager
org.apache.axis2.session.SessionIdFactory

There is a Null impl for these interfaces within core

Implementation
All implementation specific classes are located in the session module

Clustering impl
Clustering impl is located within the clustering module
(only empty classes so far)