Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/08 08:45:42 UTC

Boosting the score using edismax for a non empty and non indexed field.

Hi All,

I have a situation where I need to boost the score of a query if a field
(imageURL) in the given document is non empty , I am using edismax so I
know that using bq parameter would solve the problem. However the field
imageURL that  I am trying to boost on is not indexed , meaning (stored =
true and indexed = false), can I use the bq parameter for a non indexed
field ? or should I be looking at re-indexing after changing the schema to
make this an indexed field ?

Also , my use case is such that I want the documents that have an imageURL
to be boosted so that they appear before those documents that do not have
the imageURL when sorted by score in a descending order, and this field in
question i.e. imageURL is sometimes present  and sometimes not, that is why
I am looking at boosting the score of those documents that have the
imageURL present.

Thanks and any help and suggestionis much appreciated!

Re: Boosting the score using edismax for a non empty and non indexed field.

Posted by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Erik, I followed this approach.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com>.