Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by RBS100 <rb...@gmx.com> on 2009/03/09 10:47:04 UTC

Defining website name for tomcat application

Currently we are accessing the same using ip address only, but we want to
access it with website name.
How to assign a website name to an application running in tomcat?

Re: Defining website name for tomcat application

Posted by Gregor Schneider <rc...@googlemail.com>.
Chuck,

as always, you're right with that, however, I always edit the
Host-element to make things obvious and clear - for me that's kind if
a "good practice".

Cheers

Gregor
--
just because your paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2

RE: Defining website name for tomcat application

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
> Subject: Re: Defining website name for tomcat application
>
> You will also have to configure the Host-element in your server.xml:
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/host.html

That's usually not necessary.  The only time the <Host> element has to be changed is if Tomcat is supporting multiple "web site names" (as the OP put it), and there are different webapps for each.  If all requests are going to the same set of webapps, leave the <Host> element alone.

 - Chuck

Re: Defining website name for tomcat application